Builder-grade finishes are designed to be adequate, but rarely do they provide a ‘Wow’ factor. These homeowners were tired of living with the builder’s choice of Oak cabinets, black appliances, and less than optimal use of space in both the kitchen and master bathroom.
C&R Design + Remodel to the Rescue
C&R helped them with a design that included customized storage according to their well-thought-out specifications. The bulky pantry closet was demoed, opening up enough space to re-arrange the appliances. The new stainless refrigerator now tucks unobtrusively into the corner. A slide-in range with microwave hood replaces the island cooktop and wall ovens. This smart re-configuration nets better work flow, improved storage, and a kitchen that accommodates two cooks at the same time.
Great Room Transformation
The adjoining great room featured a rather generic fireplace that lacked any display cabinetry. C&R built and installed custom cabinets, trim, and a tile hearth that reflects the owner’s love of the Craftsman style.
- Demo existing pantry closet and all of existing kitchen cabinets
- New Cherry cabinets
- New Stainless Steel appliances
- New plumbing fixtures
- Relocate outlets and switching, new under-cabinet lighting
- Quartz Cambria Galloway countertops
- Backsplash tile
- Vinyl flooring throughout
- Living room fireplace—new mantel and corbels
- New built-in cabinetry with bookcases
- Tile hearth and surround
Upgraded Storage Features
Master Bathroom Upgrades
The existing jetted tub was never used—and since they needed more counter space and additional storage, C&R proposed removing the tub to install a custom-built linen cabinet. The Mahogany wood used to craft the linen cabinet matches the new vanity. A lower counter where the tub once stood is now a perfect makeup table.
No More Builder Grade
This master remodel solved their builder-grade woes and gave them a beautiful, functional bathroom that makes them happy to wake up every single morning.
- Demo existing jetted tub and tile deck
- New faucets and double under-counter sinks
- New recessed Mahogany medicine cabinets
- Mahogany floating vanity, makeup counter, shelf at window, and linen closet
- Cambria Quartz countertops
- Tile backsplash
- Vinyl floor and base trim