Are you planning to remodel your home? If so, you’re probably wondering how to choose a remodeling contractor. Perhaps you’ve wanted to remodel for a long time but were deterred by the challenge of finding someone you could trust.
After 50 years in remodeling, we’ve learned a lot about how people want to be treated. Based on our experience, there are seven basic things you’ll want to look for when choosing a remodeling contractor:
1) Does the contractor have a multi-step process that includes design, budgeting, pre-construction activities, site protection, construction, and follow-up?
2) Is your budget given careful consideration when designing your space?
3) Does the contractor have an office, studio or showroom where you can see their work and meet a variety of people who work there? Is someone in the office to answer your call during business hours?
4) Does the contractor offer a meaningful warranty on everything they do and on everything their subcontractors do?
5) Do you feel comfortable with the contractor and have a sense that communication is valued?
6) Does the contractor offer you educational opportunities to learn before you buy?
7) What do past clients say about the contractor?
Here at C&R Remodeling, we understand your needs. Over the years, we’ve learned a lot about how to treat people and we work hard every day to give the service we’d like to get. Our best reward comes from people who tell us how happy they are to have worked with us.
The following is a comment from Bill Purnell, whose project we completed last month:
“C&R was very responsive and great to work with in all phases of our remodel project.”
Eric and Sue, another couple whose kitchen was recently completed wrote to say:
“C&R Remodeling helped us envision what our ‘eighties’ kitchen could become and then their outstanding staff made it a reality. We enjoy our beautiful kitchen every day!”
Thank you, Bill, Eric and Sue. It was great working with you, too!
If you are in the process of searching for a great remodeling contractor, we invite you to visit our Remodeling Solutions Studio. You’ll be able to see the kind of work we do and learn just how pleasing remodeling can actually be.
Since 1961, C&R Remodeling has been providing the look and livability homeowners want at a price they can afford. Our specialties include kitchens, bathrooms, additions, decks, patio covers, and whole house makeovers.